notes from the lab

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Stupid Harry Pooper

I went and saw the new Harry Pooper movie for a second time a couple days ago, with the hopes that it would be better the second time around. Nope. This movie lacks some serious features that movies should have like character development, character arc, substance... I don't mind so much that features from the book are missing, that's to be expected at this point. But at least let the poor people who haven't read the book get to know the characters. This movie is nothing but a brief commercial for the book, a fukn teaser. I'm happy that I got to see the dragons and characters and efx and stuff. However, this movie is not a good movie. For all of those who say it is, please stop. This movie is about as entertaining as a two hour sitcom, which can be very entertaining. But it is not a good movie. Wait until they are all out and watch them in a row, maybe then you will get a feeling of knowing who the characters are and feel some form of development in them, which is after all what a good movie does.
Now I will go and see thumbsucker, which has the potential of being a good movie. I'm sure it's because the folks who worked on it didn't expect a majority of the country to pay good money to see it based on the fact that it has a cult following. I'm a little bitter about the Harry Pooper thing.

2 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I was thinking the same thing. I was going to go see it again to see if I missd soemthing. I didn;t really enjoy it either. Not like Azkiban. Glad to hear I'm not alone...

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home