notes from the lab

Sunday, June 05, 2005

The world will be different

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/
story_page/0,5744,15374571%255E30417,00.html

I just read this news story about the concept of downloading your mind onto a computer. They theorize that by 2080 it should be a routine practice. I should be about 105 years old. I always said I'd live to be about 300 years old....Perhaps it will be even longer. I am a firm beliver that our mind is where that abstract concept of a soul exsists. If we download our mind into a computer with enough power to handle our processing then it stands to reason that the things that make us human may download as well. What happens when computers and us are so similar that we can't tell the difference?
Ahh, the times they are a changin'....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home