notes from the lab

Thursday, December 01, 2005

The last friggin sick day

Today my backspace key stopped working. You never know how much you use the damn backspace key until it's gone. I called in sick today...Actually this is my third day of calling in sick. I've been getting vertigo spells and nausea, I believe that it is a mild stomach flu. None the less, it's hard to stare at a computer screen when you have vertigo, much less ride a bike. However, I am going to go to work tomorrow. I feel like I have to, damn work ethic. At least I have new fancy bike lights to guide my way in the early morn'.
Missin' friends is getting hard to deal with. I could spend every moment of the week talking to them, it would take that long to call them all, but I get overwhelmed with who to call. So, in my very Daniel way I get distracted and don't end up calling anyone. I wish at least a couple of them would move here so I could have crew to go see cheap movies with. Perhaps after the wedding in July some of yall will get the Portland bug. It really is a great city...especially (no offence intended) when compared to Minneapolis. At least here people don't actively try to run me off of the road. Yes that used to happen in Minneapolis, all the time. Although in reality I don't think they ever saw me...I mean how could they in that big SUV with their cell phone stuck to the side of their drunken heads. And while there are large corporations here like nike and intel, they don't plaster themselves every where like target did to mpls. I guess here the people just feel more human than they did there, not quite as detatched. I'm ranting... I'll stop.
I'mma go pay rent and see a fun $2.00 movie by myself at the nickel arcade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home