notes from the lab

Saturday, September 10, 2005

How the Daddy Long Legs Gained its Freedom

So as most of you may know I am a Spider Death God. As with all gods I like to test what my minions are made of, so I toy with them from time to time. My least favorite of the spiders is the Hobo Spider, aka: Aggressive House Spider. This is a nasty little bastard. I captured two of them in a baby food jar and let them duke it out. They were both destined to die anyway, a spider of this caliber cannot live where I am. One of them lived and the other hastily perished. The one that survived was given other spiders and insects to feast upon and has been living well for a few weeks now. That is until I introduced the coolest friggin beast in the spider realm...The Daddy Long Legs. I figured that the Daddy LL was toast. No way it could survive against this beast. It's like a crane fighting a tank. Well I just checked in on the little guys progress... The Daddy LL is sitting in the top of the jar and the Hobo Spider is neatly wrapped up in a little web thing. The crane defeated the tank. And since Daddy LL's are the only spider that I will let live without worry or regret it gets released to wander the earth.

I have a whole new respect for this elegant creature.

1 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Blogger michael said...

that's sweet; i've had one of those daddys in the upper right corner of my room for a couple weeks now. i was just ignoring him as harmless and maybe a mosquito eater (almost no windows in germany have screens!) but i guess with your story he can be the OVERSEER. yeeeeaah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home